domingo, 23 de octubre de 2016

The Letter


The letter

Miss Susan Medler
521 Orandell Avenue
Orandell, New Jersey
Dear daughter:
How are things going with you? We miss you a lot. We´re sending you this postcard from Montreal. It´s a beautiful city. We bought you many things. We´´ll be going back next week.
Lots of love
Dad and Mom

Some closings are:

Formal: yours truly, sincerely yours, Best personal regards, Best wishes.
Informal: Your friend, love, Yours, Best wishes.

Part II.- Read the following dialogue and write the answers to the questions below.
Daisy: Excuse me, Marian. Do you know where my brother Daniel is living?
Marian: No, I don’t. I haven’t heard from him in a long time.
Daisy: Has he written you?
Marian: yes, he has, and I wrote him back as soon as I got his letter.
Daisy: When did you send the letter?
Marian: I posted it last August.
Daisy: How did you send it?
Marian: I sent it by airmail. By the way, why are you asking me that?
Daisy: Because he called me asking about you.
Marian: Why didn’t he call me?
Daisy: He said that hasn’t heard from you since he left.
Marian: But I’ve mailed him two letters and a postcard to 4225 Sunset Street.
Daisy: That’s the problem. His address is 4225 Sunbeam Street.
Marian: Oh! What can I do? I miss him a lot.
Daisy: Call him right now. I have his phone number.


a)      Who is Daniel’s sister?
b)      When did Marian answer Daniel’s letter?
c)      Did she send it in September?
d)     How did she send the letter?
e)      Has Daniel heard from Marian?
f)       How many letters has Marian mailed to Daniel?
g)      Did Daniel receive any of them?
h)      What was the problem?





Parts of the letter.

432 Avenida Libertador
Mérida, Estado Mérida
January 30, 2009-02-01

Dear Dad,

Forgive me for not writing you before, but we were very busy moving to our new home, Mérida is a beautiful and peaceful city. Our house is very well situated. We have a Shopping Center two blocks from here, and a beautiful large park in front of us. The University is only half an hour by car, and a good bus service that goes there stops just in front of the park.
How are things going with you and Mom? We are curious to know about your new car. Please write soon and send some pictures. David hopes you and Mom can visit us as soon as we finish our moving and our new house is ready.

Give my love to Mom, and lots of kisses to my sister.

Love,

Mary

Answer these questions.

a)      Who’s writing the letter?
b)      Where is Mary living?
c)      Who has a new car?
d)     What’s Mary’s husband’s name?
e)      Do they have a Shopping Center near their house?
f)       How far is the University from home?







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario